Bryan Bulaga had a knee sprain and bruise, coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday. He'd have more of a feel for his availability for Sunday's game against Denver by midweek.
Also, Ryan Grant has a kidney bruise and Brad Jones has a hamstring strain. There availability for Sunday also is in doubt.
McCarthy said the training staff's opinion was the Packers dodged a bullet after seeing Bulaga go down. "It was kind of a freak play."
Marshall Newhouse will be the starter at right tackle if Bulaga is out, and first-round pick Derek Sherrod will spend more in meetings and at practice to get ready.
McCarthy called it "convenient criticism" that Sherrod has not pushed for more playing time, and that Newhouse has played well and has more experience.
"I'm very pleased with his development," McCarthy said of Newhouse.
- The run defense has been so good, in part because of the play of outside linebackers Clay Matthews and Erik Walden and cornerback Charles Woodson.
- Safety Charlie Peprah got better as the game went on and Morgan Burnett got a game ball for the second time in three weeks.
- Defensive end Jarius Wynn, with two sacks, also won a game ball on defense.
- The other game balls: Grant and Jermichael Finley on offense, and Jamari Lattimore on special teams, and Robert Francois got the big hit award.
- On Grant: "He's an attempt runner. That's what he is: He's a bull." Says defensive players don't enjoy tackling him.
- Has not watched any Denver tape; will do so after talking to us and doing his TV show.
- Erik Walden is the starter "right now" at outside linebacker; Frank Zombo is coming back from his broken scapula.
- "Adversity plays" are the big reason why the Packers are one of the 3-0 teams in the league. "We're making thos adversity plays in games that are giving us a chance to win." Upset about presnap penalties -- had 15 of them in last two regular-season games at Chicago. "We have an issue at Soldier Field."
- That's all from here.
Agree or disagree?: Discuss hot Packers topics in our, free forums. Leave Bill a question in the subscribers-only Packers Pro Club forum.
Bill Huber is publisher of Packer Report magazine and PackerReport.com and has written for Packer Report since 1997. E-mail him at email@example.com, or leave him a question in Packer Report’s subscribers-only Packers Pro Club forum. Find Bill on Twitter at twitter.com/PackerReport.